The english media portal Travolution* has gathered the votes and opinions of its readers (I haven’t had time to cast my vote) to finally released a list of the 10 most influential people in the online travel industry over the past decade (tough job!).
“The final 10 is, we believe, a collection of the finest thinkers and strategists since 1996, and sometimes those just simply brave enough to try to break new ground.”
Here are 5 people selected from the list of the 10 most influential people:
- Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Google
- Brent Hoberman and Martha Lane-Fox, Lastminute.com
- Stelios Haji-Ioannou, EasyJet
- Steve Kaufer and Langley Steinert, TripAdvisor
If you want to know who else appear on the list and WHY they appear in that list, Travolution provides an analisys/rationale.
Pierre Chappaz (and Dominique Vidal Kelkoo) did not make it to the final ranking of the 10 most influential person but was present among the 20 most influential people; see the others on Travolution.
The next big question is: Who will remain in the list in 2016? Will Google not only influence but play a more determinant role in the travel industry in the future?
Do you agree/disagree with this ranking? Have a read at the analysis page and make a comment.
* “Travolution is a new media brand for the online travel industry, from the publishers of Gazetteers Plus & Travel Weekly. It is packed with research, news and analysis on everything to do with selling, deploying and marketing travel on the web.”
Categories : Google related, Travel